Do you want to meet operators from Taiwan and other Asian countries?
Then you might want to register for the 3rd 4G International Forum which will be held in Sheraton Taipei Hotel, Taiwan on July 10 to 11, 2012. This 2-day conference is being co-organized by the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) in Taiwan, focusing on Taiwan and other major manufacturing hubs like China, Japan and Korea. It provides yet another fresh look at the influences shaping the evolution of the wireless industry without much of the distractions of the marketing emphasis of larger events.
The following key themes will be addressed in depth:
- New 4G/LTE Rollouts in Asia - Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Philippines, etc... what's next?
- Special Focus: the evolving Taiwan 4G space
- Building the LTE network infrastructure and business environment: what business models to best leverage key benefits of LTE?
- Strategic spectrum planning and allocation for 4G: 800MHz, 2.6GHz, 450MHz bands - new auctions, re-farming, spectrum harmonization, what else to expect in the next 12 months?
- Challenges faced by regulators and government in 4G spectrum allocation: The case for Coverage Obligations and Commercial Viability for Operators?
- Can satellite spectrum be used for LTE in Asia Pacific & the Middle East?
- The growing demand for Apple iPhone, Google Android, RIM, Microsoft and Symbian based devices has sped the ramp to 3G+ and 4G networks. What is needed to ensure robustness on back-haul and core infrastructure?
- What solution providers, devices, chip and apps designers in Korea, Japan, China, India, Taiwan, USA and Europe has to offer to meet the demand of this new 4G ecosystem?
- Has the rapid pace of new devices been a benefit or a hindrance in retaining subscribers?
- 4G Device Players: Who is winning market share and why? What is next in the evolution of multiple mode devices?
- M2M Forecasts and Opportunities: How big? How Important? And How Soon? Sensor Grids; Smart Power/Utility Services; Vending services; E-Cart; E-Shipping; E-Shipyards; E-Aviation; E-Mining; E-Oil & Gas; E-Environmental; E-Renewables; E-Automobile; E-Fleet Management; E-Sports; E-Consumer Electronics; Mobile Entertaintment; E-Defence; Smart Learning; Advanced Telematics Diagnostics
- LTE ICs/chips: Market Trends and Opportunities
- How will the device and applications OS environment evolve? Latest offerings from Apple, Nokia, Samsung, RIM, Motorola, Google, LG, Ericsson, HTC,...What does the customer really want?
- How big is the Grey Market for Leading OS Clones? Should operators welcome clones?
- Patent Rights and Intellectual Property Protection in Smartphone OS & Design: Recent cases & what is the right thing to do?
- Opportunities for Multiple screens: Multiple Attach rates of devices is driving market excitement and momentum as single OS and synched browser environments create a more uniform experience across screens (Mobile, Tablet, PC, TV)
- How well do operators own device applications compete?
- Internet of Things - IOT as the next lucrative business platform for telcos
- Trends in LBS, Location Based Services
- The impacts of 4G "Heterogeneous Networks"
- Triple-play convergence of Telephony, TV and Internet services
- How Can Mobile equipment and service providers Fulfill Cloud Computing/4G growth Opportunities? Market Potential for 4G Cloud Services?
- What is the role of operators in resolving Personal Identity across social networks and multiple devices/screens?